Most of us still have that favorite pair of jeans from college days, stashed away neatly in a corner of the closet, that never becomes a part of any “decluttering and organization” series, with the hope that one day you would fit into it! In fact, a lot of people actually want to lose weight to drop a size to fit into an old pair of jeans! So, taking that into consideration, we have listed out 10 easy ways to drop a jeans size because someone rightly said “In the right pair of jeans, a girl can conquer the world!”
1. Cut Down on Refined Carbs: These unhealthy carbs can reach your daily diet through processed food, white bread, pizza, pastries, cakes, and even processed breakfast cereals. Refined carbs have empty calories with no nutritional value that tend to spike insulin level, most of which gets stored as fat in the body. Refined carbs can sabotage fat burning, especially tummy fat. Cutting down refined carbs can give faster results if you want to lose weight. Make that important switch from refined carbs to complex carbs such as quinoa, brown rice, oatmeal, etc. to lose weight. In fact, here’s a list of “Best Carbs To Eat For Weight Loss.”
2. Start on the Rati Beauty Diet: Following an awesome weight loss diet such as the Rati Beauty diet would help you achieve weight loss as well as inch loss through calorie deficit without starvation or compromising on nutrition. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
3. Start Loving Healthy Fats: To lose weight quickly, a lot of people shun away all forms of fat from their diet, and it’s so wrong! You need healthy fats for absorption of fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E, to boost metabolism, and above all to stimulate the fat-burning process. You can get your healthy fats from coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, almonds, Brazil nuts, avocado, banana, egg yolks, cheese, ghee, dark chocolate, chia seeds, etc. Check out the Rati Beauty diet to find out how to use healthy fats to boost weight loss.
4. HIIT: Yes, yoga is great for overall wellness, but if you want to drop a jeans size quick, practice HIIT, which is high intensity interval training. HIIT workouts are popular to burn fat when compared to cardio exercises such as walking or running on the treadmill. Interestingly, even after you have finished HIIT routine, your body continues to burn calories because of increased oxygen consumption, keeping up the metabolism high all through the day. HIIT also boosts enzymes that are responsible for fat burning and also decrease levels of fat-producing enzymes. In fact, here’s a list of “7 Minute Fat Burning HIIT Exercises That you can Do at Home.”
5. Increase H2O, Try Water Preloading: If you want to lose weight, make water your best friend because water is an absolutely calorie-free drink that not only curbs appetite, it boosts metabolism, and helps to burn more calories. There’s also a clever way to eat lesser calories with water, and it’s called “water preloading,” where you consume 500 ml of plain water half an hour before each meal. Practicing this method will significantly stretch your tummy and as a result, there would be lesser release of the hunger hormone “ghrelin” and you would feel full with less amount of food and fewer calorie intake. It is an effective strategy to tackle overeating.
6. Fill Half of your Plate with Veggies: Eat more veggies because they are low in calories and are extremely filling – a great idea would be to fill half of your plate with vegetables. In fact, try to get 2 to 3 servings of vegetables each day.
7. Do These Cardio Exercises at Home: There are a few exercises which burn a lot of calories and are simple to perform with the added benefit that, they can be done at home. Here’s a list of “8 Easy Cardio Exercises You Can Try at Home.”
8. Walk Whenever you can, Wherever you can: It would be a good idea to stay active and be on your feet for the major part of the day – take mini strolls every few hours, getting up on your feet whenever you can, switching a standing desk while working instead of sitting workstation. Also, remember to get up from your chair every few minutes to keep the fat-burning process robust.
9. Cut out Sugar: When you give up sugary drinks, cupcakes, ketchup, jam, chocolates, candies, fizzy drinks, etc., you are doing your body a favour because not only does sugar lead to weight gain, excess sugar can also increase the risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. Cut down sugar, and lose weight (tummy fat too) rather quickly.
10. Get Enough Zzz’s: Not having a sound sleep can prevent you from losing weight – less hours of sleep increases cortisol production, makes metabolism sluggish, lowers fat-burning enzymes, increases level of the hunger hormone “ghrelin. You can stick to the diet and exercise every single day, but if you are not sleeping for 7 hours, the extra flab is not going anywhere.
Follow these tips and bring that old pair of jeans out of the closet in a matter of few weeks.