Desperate to lose weight and want to melt to some serious pounds off your body, but don’t know where or how to start? Don’t fret, we are here to help you take baby steps towards weight loss and eventually to a leaner and fitter you. Don’t delay your weight loss journey till next week, next Monday, or next month – it’s important to take that first step – even if means skipping dessert right after dinner or avoiding adding refined sugar to your cup of tea/coffee. In fact, consider every meal as a new opportunity to lose weight. In reality, dropping weight is not a mammoth or unachievable task if you employ the right strategies and of course follow the right diet plan, and these are 10 ways to take baby steps towards weight loss if “working out” and “dieting” seem too daunting to you.
1. Pick a Diet That’s Easy To Follow and Sustainable: The first and most important step is to find a diet plan that actually suits your lifestyle, is realistic, and is not based on food deprivation or starvation. As we have always maintained, weight loss is all about 80% dieting and 20% exercise, so it’s prudent to take the first step towards dieting. Most people do not get started or give up halfway on their weight loss journey because the diet they pick keeps them off food for most part of the day and involves munching on cucumbers all through the day, which is simply not sustainable or even well balanced. That’s where Rati Beauty diet comes into the picture, you can eat your way to weight loss without compromising on nutrition. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
2. Set Both Short Term and Long Term Goals: It’s essential to determine how much extra weight you want to lose eventually, but break it up into short-term goals they can be achieved relatively easily and within a short period of time. Start by making smaller and achievable goals, like reducing 1 kg per week, because that would take the pressure off, and will not leave you overwhelmed. When you achieve short-term goals, it will give you the motivation and positive energy to move towards the next goal, and you would eventually reach your long-term goal (which could be losing 15 kg or 25 kg overall).
3. Set your Metabolism Straight: When it comes to weight loss, we should find every little way to boost the metabolism to burn as many calories as possible because metabolism is that engine which torches calories in your body. Metabolism is the mechanism which takes place inside your body that converts calories (made available through food) into energy form. This mechanism is at work even when you are resting, sitting, and even sleeping and needed to produce energy for all bodily functions. So, metabolism is important to burn all those extra calories and to get to the fat stores to make you feel lighter. In this post, we will list down 21 tricks to boost your metabolism.4.
4. Get Rid of Temptations, First from the Kitchen, then from your life: It becomes convenient to graze on high-calorie and packaged food when you are just bored and want to nibble on something to pass time when the pantry and kitchen is full of “ready-to-eat” items. The “out of sight, out of mind” policy would work very well when you stop stocking up junk food in the kitchen. Avoid buying and storing unhealthy snacks, processed food in your fridge, kitchen, and pantry, and see how amazingly this step would benefit you in cutting empty calories.
5. Fill Half of your Plate with Veggies: You wouldn’t believe how many calories you can cut by filling half of your meal plate with veggies, and if those veggies are green leafy things, nothing like it!
6. Switch to Smaller Plates: The bigger the plate, the larger is the room for more food to be served. Make that important switch from 10 inch dinner plate to 8 inch small plate, and you would be able to finish everything that’s there on the plate without overeating.
7. Learn How to Say No To Food Pushers: When you are counting every single calorie, sticking to the diet plan, and want to get leaner, but then comes along a “food pusher” who tempts you to eat more food, overeat, or just basically eat unhealthy food that’s not part of your diet to derail your progress. These “food pushers,” can knowingly or unknowingly hamper your weight loss plan, by encouraging you to eat more food. “Food pushers” can stand between you and your goal weight. It becomes extremely difficult to say “no” to food pushers, especially when they are family, friends, and relatives. But if you want to lose weight at any cost, you have to practice saying “no” to food pushers, and obviously find polite ways to do so. Read about “7 Polite Ways to Say No To Food Pushers.”
8. Make it a Goal to Walk 10,000 Steps Everyday: Ideally, we would like you to keep aside 30 minutes from your busy schedule for exercise, but if that’s not possible, start with clocking in 10,000 steps every single day. Even brisk walking or being active through the day would help a lot.
9. Meal Prep: Meal prepping promotes healthy eating and saves a lot of time during busy days when you have no time for elaborate cooking. Preparing batches of healthy food and storing them up in the fridge, that would last for most days in the week will save a lot of money, and cut down loads of calories that make their way through ordered foods from restaurants and eateries. Learn how to meal prep on a weekly basis to lose weight on the Rati Beauty app.
10. Put an End to Unhealthy Snacking: Frequent snacking raises insulin levels in the body and too many insulin spikes through the day will result in extra calories getting converted to fat molecules. Restrict snacking to just twice a day, without indulging in high-calorie food. Opt for healthy snacks like apple and nuts such as almonds, walnuts, or even peanuts.
So, these were the 10 baby steps that you could take right now to lose weight.