Everyone dreams about sporting clear skin, without any blemishes, acne, large pores or hyperpigmentation. Rather than worrying about complexion, it is important to take good care of your skin so that it glows and looks healthy. There are random tips available on the net about how to get glowing skin, but in this post, we put together 15 tips to get glowing skin according to skincare experts.
1. Vitamin C is Must-Have Ingredient: Find yours or make your own! Vitamin C is a star ingredient which benefit skin in many ways – it’ a strong antioxidant with brightening properties. It also evens out texture and fades away dark spots as well. Here’s a vitamin C serum that you can make at home, all by yourself.
2. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize: No matter what your skin type, never skip a moisturizer; apply it right after you cleanse face, when the skin is still damp to lock in the moisture. A well-moisturized face would always glow! Also, there’s a huge misconception that oily skin people can skip moisturizer because their face can get shiny too soon; on the contrary, a good moisturizer can prevent the face from going greasy. To help you guys out, here’s a list of “50 Best Moisturisers for Oily Acne Prone Skin.”
3. Use a sunscreen while you step out in the sun to prevent every skincare woe that you can think of – from skin tan to hyperpigmentation to premature ageing.
4. Drink plenty of water, more than 8 glasses in fact. Water helps in flushing out the toxins from your body and can keep skin soft and supple.
5. It is important that you sleep properly every night, giving the body and skin enough to rest, rejuvenate, and repair itself. This would help you to keep dark circles at bay and your skin would not look tired.
6. Wash your face twice or thrice daily with a mild cleanser, according to your skin type. Avoid using soap on the face.
7. Do not prick your pimples, blackhead, whiteheads and acnes as pricking might leave ugly marks on your skin.
8. Exercise daily to improve blood circulation and flushing out toxins from the body.
9. Restrict the intake of processed food, oily and fried food items and junk food. Increase portions of vegetables, fresh fruits, and whole grains.
10. Exfoliate your skin with a scrub twice every week. You can either go for a packaged product available from various brands or make it at home. A honey lemon and sugar scrub is a great way to remove the dead cells from your skin.
11. Practice oil cleansing once every week would help to get rid of clogged pores, dirt, impurities and reduce your chances of getting pimples and acnes. Here’s a detailed post on how to do oil cleansing at home.
12. Use face masks that incorporate natural ingredients like turmeric, neem, lemon, milk, honey, cucumber juice, dry orange peels and potatoes. It is not needed that you mix all the ingredients in the same face pack; it is important that you use them as convenient depending upon the ingredients you have at home. For instance, you can dab cucumber juice on the face daily to treat blemishes and pimple scars or mix curd and turmeric to get a glowing complexion. You may apply a mixture of milk and honey on dry skin or combine neem and rose petals to make a face pack for a smooth complexion. Alternately, you can use egg white with honey to get a clear skin. Thus, ideas are many and options are countless. However, you must be consistent in your efforts and use the pack at regular intervals.
13. Include a retinol-based product in your skincare routine – Retinol is a chemical compound that acts directly on the DNA in skin cells, boost collagen production that slow down once one hits 30. This makes retinol an anti-ageing agent which reduces wrinkles and fine lines. Retinoid also increase cell turnover and, therefore, the skin continuously replaces damaged cells and healthy skin is what you see on top. This enhances radiance. Retinol also thins the top layer of the skin, while thickening the smoother second layer, making the skin look luminous and firm.
14. Put together a good morning and night-time skincare routine in place. The morning products should be mild and night-time skincare products should have repair and rejuvenating properties.
15. Most importantly, eat right and your skin will show the results! Indeed, if you eat a proper diet (check out the Rati Beauty diet) it goes a long way in ensuring a clear skin to you. Eat whole grains like, fruits and salads, which act as anti-oxidants; include green tea in your daily routine. Munch on red and purple food items like pomegranates, cherries, beets and black grapes to improve the elasticity of skin. Vegetables like tomatoes, broccoli, spinach and nuts like chestnut and hazel nut also help in destroying free radicals. Have fish with omega 3 content and eggs too. Taking food rich in vitamins, iron and anti-oxidants would help! At the same time, avoid having refined carbohydrates like pastries and cakes, sugar in jams and desserts and fatty food like creams and butter. Also, stay away from processed food items and junk food.
Follow these amazing tips and your skin would glow from within as well!