The Bariga waterfront jetty is an ultra-modern jetty in Bariga Ilaje area of Lagos. It was built in 2019 to solve the transportation problem in Lagos mainland. Also, to ease the movement of people going from Yaba, Bariga etc to the island and other areas of Lagos. It is built on 2,000 sqm of reclaimed waterfront land. It is being operated by a public-private partnership. The Government owns the facility, manages it while private investors can run transport businesses at the facility.
It also features a restaurant, lounge, sitting area, conveniences, watchtower and a large parking facility.
The parking space can accommodate over 150 cars.
The Bariga waterfront jetty is located at the tail end of Ilaje road in Bariga. The new Ilaje road provides access to the facility from Akoka Road, Yaba.
Things to do at the Bariga Waterfront Jetty
- Go on a Boat Cruise: It is one of the major transportation hubs in Lagos. You can easily connect to Ikorodu, Lagos Island, Lekki, Ajah etc.
- Night Life: At night, the Ilaje Waterfront Jetty comes to life, is also an entertainment hub. It also has a beautiful lounge that has become the favourite hangout spot for residents of Bariga, Yaba and its environs.
- Order Food at the restaurant: It has an in-house restaurant where you can order food and snacks. If you are also looking for lovely delicacies, Bariga waterfront jetty waterfront terminal has a mini restaurant where you can order different kinds of food.
- Watch the fishermen catching Fish: It is also a good place to learn more about fishing. You can watch fishermen doing their thing from across the terminal.
- Beat traffic: If you are running late and need to get to your destination on time. You can take a boat to Ikoyi, CMS, Ikorodu etc
The jetty opens as early as 7 am.
Other Jetties in Lagos
Five Cowries Terminal
Ikorodu Ferry Terminal
Ebute Ero terminal