Although the 2021 Black Friday event is still in the near future, it is arguably the most important annual shopping event for anyone who’s after purchasing phones and other tech at the lowest price possible. So if you’re interested in securing the best Black Friday phone deals, it’s always good to be ready for the event in advance, especially when there’s a chance of early deals that you can take advantage of.
Looking for specific products on Black Friday?
When is Black Friday 2021?
This year’s Black Friday event is on November 26, 2021, the day after Thanksgiving.
Amazon has already launched early Black Friday deals, which you can check out in our dedicated Amazon Black Friday deals page. Walmart Black Friday deals are also already trickling in. Our Best Buy Black Friday 2021 deals page is well worth your attention too, as early Black Friday deals are now available from that retailer.
As for how long the Black Friday phone deals will last – often Black Friday sales in general last for as long as the discounted products are in stock, which in some cases means several days or up to a week after the event.
However, it’s plausible that the very best deals on the most sought-after products will be gone on the day of the Black Friday 2021 event or at best, the day after.
What are the best Black Friday phone deals right now?
Black Friday is arguably the best time of the year to buy one, or even several Android or Apple smartphones for the best possible price! If you’re on the hunt for the best Black Friday smartphone deals, you’re in the right place.
Below we have for you the top early Black Friday phone deals, and as as the event nears, we’ll have more and more, so stay tuned!
Best phone deals right now
We already have some early Black Friday deals from Samsung for the Galaxy phone lovers, which include the company’s cutting edge folding phones – the 2021 Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Z Fold 3. Apple’s iPhones, being some of the most sought-after tech gadgets on Black Friday are also already part of some great early Black Friday deals.
What is Black Friday? For well over a decade, Black Friday has been considered the biggest annual shopping event. Each year during the Black Friday event, stores and online retailers reduce the prices of many of their products, which can include smartphones, smartwatches, tablets, laptops, headphones, smart speakers and more.
Stores and carriers usually start offering deals on their products, such as BOGO (buy one get one free), or gifts with certain purchases (e.g. buy a smartphone and get free wireless earbuds). They all have their own flavor of Black Friday phone deals, and as the competition has never been more fierce, those discounts and offers are getting bigger and bigger each year.
Why Black Friday is important to you? As the biggest shopping event of 2021, Black Friday would likely be the best time for you to get the smartphone, tablet or other tech gadget you’ve always wanted at a lower price; sometimes significantly lower than the regular. In which case, it would be wise to stay in touch with the best available deals before, during and after the Black Friday event, which we’ll have for you right here!
Black Friday tips
In order to get take advantage of the very best Black Friday phone deals (and deals on any other devices you may be after) optimally, consider following some of our tips:
- Don’t rush into purchasing something before Black Friday, as it might get cheaper during or after the event.
- Don’t wait too long to buy what you’re after either, as the deal could expire or the store could run out of stock shortly after the Black Friday deals start. This applies especially to more desirable products and ones that are greatly reduced in price, as they’re likely to sell out quick, and thus to be available for a short time.
- If you shop online, check back here before, during and after the Black Friday event for the best tech deals available. We’ll constantly update this and our other Black Friday pages as new deals become available and old ones expire.
- Shopping for gifts? Consider doing your phone shopping on the Black Friday shopping holiday, instead of waiting for Christmas, for example. This will ensure you get your products in time, and likely for the most affordable price.
- If you see attractive Black Friday phone deals, make sure you understand whether or not they are tied to carrier contracts, or you can buy them outright. There may be some form of trade-in for specific carrier deals, for both new and existing customers.
- It may be tempting to get the very latest devices, but older iPhones and other tech devices are bound to end up with the bigger price cuts, and for many users, those will be a more sensible buy.
What are the best Black Friday phone deals to expect this year?
It’s also not uncommon for phone makers, such as Samsung, to offer Black Friday phone deals on their own stores also, lowering the prices of their smartphones, tablets, smartwatches and wireless headphones, among other tech. Once again, this may include trade-in offers.
In regards to Apple products in particular, AirPods offers normally take the stage. In addition, older generations of Apple Watch Series, Apple Watch SE and iPhones, plus newer refurbished iPhones normally get solid with price reductions on Black Friday.
Based on last year’s Black Friday phone deals, we can expect the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro to be up to $150 off on stores like Walmart and Best Buy. The iPhone 11 Pro was $350 off on Verizon, which made it one of the best discounts during the Black Friday sales.
So great Black Friday iPhone deals by carrier are to expected during the 2021 event as well, especially if you’re okay picking up a slightly older phone. But you don’t have to, as we might easily see some decent iPhone 13 deals from the retailers, plus deals on other brand new smartphone models.
Best Black Friday phone deals from last year
Here are some of the best Black Friday phone deals we saw last year, covering the Samsung Galaxy series, Apple’s iPhone and more. We also have some of the best Black Friday tech deals on smartwatches and Apple watches, tablets, Apple AirPods, Bluetooth speakers, smart speakers and even laptops from last year too.It’s reasonable to expect similar Black Friday tech deals in 2021, if not even better.
There are plenty of fantastic smartphone, smartwatch and tablet deals, in addition to discounts for other great consumer tech products – all available right now for those looking for a new device.
If interested in checking out the very best tech and phone deals you can take advantage of at the moment, or you find yourself regularly surfing for good discounts and offers on tech, check our most recent deals from all retailers below: