Besan is a staple in every Indian kitchen – from making pakoras to making ladoos, with besan, one can make mouthwatering dishes, and you know what, it’s truly a magical ingredient when it comes to skincare. No matter what your skin concern is, besan will almost always help you deal with it, you have to use it in combination with other ingredients to get rid of your skincare concern. From removing sun tan and hyperpigmentation, to gently exfoliating skin, trust besan to give you a radiant glow. No wonder Aishwarya Rai, who has porcelain texture skin, swears by homemade besan face packs. Not only does besan help to maintain the pH balance of skin, it helps tackle skin woes such as excess oiliness, acne, pimples, etc. Like honey, it’s an ingredient which is suitable for all skin types. But here’s how you can use besan for different skincare issues.
1. To Treat Hyperpigmentation: Take 2 tablespoons besan, 1 tablespoon turmeric (ambi haldi), and add 2 tablespoons milk cream. Mix besan with turmeric and add in milk cream. Apply this face on the face and neck. Rinse off when its semi dry. Use regularly for glowing skin and to lighten complexion.
2. To Shrink Large Facial Pores: Applying egg white on your face can help combat blackheads, whiteheads, unwanted facial hair, and it can cleanse and tighten your pores. Mix in some besan with raw egg white and apply it to your face for added nourishment and a radiant complexion.
3. To Remove Tan: We often add turmeric in our besan packs, but you can replace it with saffron here. Make a pack using 1 tbsp milk/curd, 1 tbsp besan and a few strands of saffron. Keep this pack overnight in the refrigerator. Apply this on face and wash off once it is dry. This pack is a great skin brightening and tan-removal home remedy.
4. For Acne: Brew some green tea bag and allow it to cool. Take some besan, half a tbsp of neem powder, and use the brewed green tea to make a smooth paste. Apply all over face and rinse off after 10 minutes.
5. To Exfoliate Rough Skin: Mix rose water in besan and use instead of soap to get clean skin without the drying effect that soap causes. This is also one of the gentlest exfoliator for all skin types.
6. For Dull Skin: Take 1 tablespoon besan, 1/2 tablespoon orange peel powder, just a pinch of turmeric, and 1 tablespoon of honey. You can mix milk as well. Apply on the face and neck area and rinse off when semi dry.
7. To Moisturize Dry Skin: Take 2 tablespoons besan, 1 tablespoon turmeric, and 1 tablespoon almond oil. Mix all the three ingredients and apply on face and neck, you can use it for the whole body. Rinse off after 20 minutes.
No matter what your skin concern, use besan to clear them.