So, finally you have reached your goal weight following the Rati Beauty diet! Congratulations! A shout out to everyone who has completed their weight loss journey and feel fitter and healthier now. We know it takes a lot of hard work and determination to do that, which is definitely commendable. But maintaining weight loss is equally important so that you don’t throw weeks and months of hard work and effort down the drain. While it takes a considerable amount of time to melt away extra fat, you can gain weight relatively easily. In this post, we are going to share some tips to help you maintain weight loss once you have reached goal weight, so read on:
1. Keep a Tabs on Grocery List: Once you enter the super market’s gourmet, snacks and other eatable section, those yummy treats, cheese spreads, cupcakes, swiss rolls, etc., can call you by your name! And it’s possible that you would return with those high-calorie treats to celebrate weight loss. We would like to remind you that these things are high in sugar, saturated fat, sodium, and have loads of empty calories in them. Always go with a grocery list in hand and do not sway outside of that list. In fact, here’s a list of “List of 99 Grocery Items that any Dietician Would Approve.”
2. Do Not Install Food Ordering Apps on your Phone: With the spurt of online food ordering apps, life has become much easier for us busy bees. Having lost weight, it’s still not okay for “eating out” or “ordering in” even though it is quite an easy way to get food on the plate. If you have to maintain your weight and remain fit, reduce the frequency of eating out or ordering food, and stick to homemade food. Eating healthy and homemade food will keep you in shape forever. Just as you had kept away from “outside food” all through your weight loss journey, continue doing the same to avoid weight gain.
3. Maintain the Cheat Day Strategy: You know how that single cheat day/meal in a week kept you motivated when you were on your weight loss mission and helped keep those cravings in check. Having a cheat meal once a week is going to help you maintain weight as well, so continue doing the same 😛
4. Check your weight: Remember how you anxiously checked your weight every single day and got excited when the numbers were on the decline? Don’t fall out of this practice and do check your weight, if not daily, at least once a week, to keep a track of your weight. Any deviation will help you take action before the kilograms pile up silently.
5. Follow the Rati Beauty Diet Plans: Rati Beauty diet helped you lose weight and by know you know how yummy healthy food tastes, so do continue the same diet because it is not based on the concept of food deprivation and you can continue this diet forever, eating normal everyday food.
6. Be Active Through the Day: Avoid leading a sedentary lifestyle at any cost because “sitting is the new smoking” and being a couch potato surely would help all the lost pounds to pile up back again. Make it a habit to walk at least 10,000 steps each day and do try to squeeze in at least one hour 5 times a week for workout. Being on your feet keeps metabolism high and will help burn away extra calories.
7. Before and After Pics: Now that you are proud of your achievement, take inspiration from your “before and after” pics and you would never want to put on weight again.
8. Eat Mindfully: “Don’t Eat Less, Eat Right!” When you are trying to lose weight and get healthy in general, instead of cutting down on food, give more importance to eating right. It’s a fact that even if you are eating the healthiest of foods, if you don’t eat them mindfully, it will lead to weight gain. Read about “9 Mindful Eating Hacks to Eat Right and Lose Weight” in this post.
9. Portion Control Food: Portion control is essential to not only lose weight but also to maintain goal weight. Portion control involves being aware of the correct amount of food and serving sizes so that you do not fall out of calorie deficit. So, stop eyeballing food quantity and serving sizes, and measure your food. Tips to portion control food have been mentioned in detail on the Rati Beauty app.
10. Get a Minimum of 7 Hours of Shut Eye: Always maintain a good sleep schedule and get 8 hours of sleep because sleep deprivation can lower metabolism, increasing cravings for unhealthy food, and also increase stress hormone cortisol. In fact, sleeping for lesser than 7 hours, slows down metabolism and all the extra calories would get stored as fat instead of getting burnt. To lose weight and to maintain weight, do sleep for at least 7 hours each night.
Hope these tips would help you to remain healthy and fit forever.