Dhruv Bhutani / Android Authority
- Specs for a phone that could land as the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra just leaked.
- The phone looks like a premium flagship, complete with a Snapdragon 898.
- The rear camera system, though, appears to lack a telephoto lens.
Although Motorola is one of the largest smartphone makers in the world, it doesn’t do too well in the premium flagship market. Most of its phones are mid-rangers and budget devices. That’s just the niche Motorola has carved out for itself.
Still, that status doesn’t stop the company from trying. Case in point, today some specs leaked for a new Motorola phone that would appear to be the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra (or possibly the Motorola Edge X in China). If the specs end up being legit, it could be a premium flagship model, complete with a top-of-the-line processor.
Motorola Edge 30 Ultra leaked specs
These specs are leaked, so don’t take them as definite. Here they are:
- Processor: Snapdragon “SM8450” (likely SD888 follow-up)
- Display: 6.67-inch OLED with 144Hz refresh rate and Full HD+ resolution
- Rear cameras: 50MP wide, 50MP ultra-wide, and 2MP depth
- Front camera: 60MP
- RAM: 8 or 12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128 or 256GB non-expandable UFS 3.1
- Power: 5,000mAh battery with 68W wired charging and no wireless charging
- Durability: IP52 rating
- Operating system: Android 12 out of the box
The most notable specs here are the 60MP selfie camera and the 68W wired charging. That selfie camera would have one of the highest megapixel counts of any on the market, and the wired charging speed would best all other Motorola phones as well as major flagships from Google, Samsung, and Apple.
However, the reported lack of a telephoto lens and the IP52 rating means you wouldn’t get a top-of-the-line device from the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra. The Full HD+ resolution would also lag behind most premium flagships in this category as would the lack of wireless charging.
We’ll need to wait and see how this leak develops. It’s possible Motorola could launch this phone before the end of 2021.